Monday, October 21, 2013

Kiley's Class

I got to help with Kiley's class the next week,  and her teacher had the day set up very similar. First, they started off in circle time and did the calender, said a bible verse and discussed it, sang a bunch of adorable songs, then prayed. I loved circle time, what a great way to start out the day. So happy we are able to send them to a great Christian school their first year.

Next was the similar stations, with 2 have to works and 3 centers to be completed by Thursday, Ms. Jen with the reading group and Ms. Susan coming to get groups for math.  Kiley was very well behaved and did all her centers in the first day as well. She did great on the reading and separating the words, I was so proud of her. 

Her teacher seemed more laid back, and the class was very well behaved. I didn't feel so overwhelmed, probably because I knew what to expect, and also her class wasn't so loud. For 14 kids, they are a very quite class!  Did laugh (or shake my head) at some of the girl drama I already saw, how does this already start happening in kindergarten?!

Love that I am able to volunteer in the classrooms, so fun and love being with my kids. Miss them being gone everyday. Did experience the trouble with having the kids in separate classrooms this year, want to be at both of their special activities and parties, but only one mommy trying to sign up for two rooms at the same time!  Also at the pumpkin patch the kids did the activities with their class and I had to pick which one to go with...auugg!!  Once again I need to clone myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment