Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Typical day with toddler twins

Up at 5:30 with ear pain for Kiley, they day begins! Today we met some friends at the library for story time. I left the house with wet hair and no shoes, since it is impossible to shower and get ready with 2 toddlers wanting your undivided attention. Rewinding Barney only works so long.

In the parking lot, I got Cason out, who was soaking wet from his sippy cup that he took the valve out of. Go to get Kiley next, immediately realizing she has major poop, thanks to the third antibiotic she is now on for her ears. Checking the bag I see that there is only 1 wipe left, I try to put Cason back in his car seat, which is like trying to strap in a mad bucking bull, so I can change Kiley with only 1 wipe.

Finally in the library! All the other kids sat quietly on their mom's lap and listened to the songs and story's...Kiley and Cason? Cason was running around the room, on the stage, taking bean bags and throwing them in the trash can (surprise), then would stop in his tracks when he heard a song he liked and start dancing and clapping. Kiley wanted to be in the center and went straight up to the teacher and sat in her lap. When the teacher started the puppet song, Kiley kept grabbing all the puppets she had behind her bag and screaming at the top of her lungs...think she was ruining the song for sure!! Sometimes I do wish they were more shy! At the end we did a craft, which was making a turkey, Kiley took the eyes off of the turkey and ate them, Cason put the whole glue stick in his mouth, and got furious when I took it out. Maybe they are not ready for story time!!

We quickly left for the park after the little girl sitting next to us (although I was the only one sitting) started throwing up! After an hour at the park, I realized the expensive light yellow outfits were the wrong color for playground equipment..thank goodness for stain remover...or my mom who usually gets the bad stained clothes to work on! Parks are still hard (what isn't with 2 toddlers?). Always times when one of them gets out of my sight, which panics me. Today Kiley ran around the little potty house and Cason was in the middle of the high equipment, couldn't reach him quickly or leave him for fear of him falling, but also couldn't see Kiley! Not sure why I put myself in these situations....

Stop by Ginger's for lunch, seeing that I forgot to pack lunch for me (one reason I stay skinny I guess), then head home. Both fall asleep in car despite all windows down, radio full blast, and suckers in their hands. The problem? Car stops and they think naps are done! Which was the case for Kiley, who never went back to sleep! So another long day for me, with no break! My defiant daughter kept climbing the outside of the staircase tonight, which is extremely dangerous, and after 4 times of getting a (light) spanking and leading her to timeout, she looked up and bit my hand. Think I am in for it with her! wow

Paul finally gets home around 6:15; has a nice dinner waiting on him; helps me feed, bathe and put then to bed by 7:30. Then says "gosh they sure are exhausting"...I am very quick to give him the evil eye!!

But the exhausting days are all worth it when they run up to hug you, when you hear them giggle, when you see the way they light up when daddy gets home, and when you are singing them to sleep and they sing with you, all cuddled up in your arms. Wouldn't trade my days with them for anything in the world!! Another day in paradise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment