Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cribs

So last week was a terrible week with Cason sleeping, he was staying up until 10-11 screaming then waking up in the middle of the night for several hours. He is great during the day, otherwise I would have taken him into the doctor thinking something was wrong, but kind-of leaned my lesson with Kiley! On Friday I put him down for a nap and went downstairs to the basement, and a few minutes later heard footsteps. I looked up the stairs and saw him standing there! I was shocked, and said "Cason what are you doing" and he said "hi mommy, no nap" then took me upstairs and showed me how he climbed out of his crib, turned off his sound machine, took one of his tall toys to stand on to turn on his bedroom light, looked at me again and said "no nap". I thought well, I guess he doesn't want to take a nap today!!

By Saturday we were exhausted and desperate, called my parents and told them their grand twins were coming over to give us a much needed break, which turned into Paul taking Cason's crib front off making it into a daybed. We both commented how quite the house was with just us in it! We could actually have an adult conversation without interruptions!

It is now Tuesday night, 3rd night of "big boy bed" and he is doing much better! He is not throwing tantrums anymore at bedtime (PTL!) and enjoys his 1 on 1 time with daddy in his bedroom at night playing with quite toys and reading books. Hopefully this will continue! He also misplaced "la" over the weekend and has not asked for it once, which is amazing for how attached he was to it!

As for KiKi...her crib went back up last week and she is doing better although she is queen at stalling and still clings to me when I try and put her in bed at night, she has even told me she has poppie! I tried to give her her pacie back last week when they were both screaming still at 10, she threw it at me so I guess she is over that trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment