Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Kansas Summer Trip

Our big trip this year was the last week of June. I took the kids back to Kansas with my parents. It went perfect, and couldn't have hoped for a better trip. We stayed with the Drumrights, my very first best friend from the 1st grade. Kids all got along great, and Kiley had a big crush on Carter by the time we left. Highlights of the trip include:

-Cason reading the safety guide the whole plane ride from Birmingham to Atlanta, when telling him to read one of his books, he said "mommy, don't you want us to be safe? I have to study this."
- Eating at the pizza place and leaving in a hurry due to storm coming, I had forgotten how different Kansas storms can be.
-Swimming, playing in Drumrights BIG backyard, catching fireflies, watching fireworks, late night ice cream and pop cycles, staying up way past bed time (kids and me!), driving through Valley Center, showing kids the house I grew up in, Kiley falling down slide at pool and me hurting my back, catching up with my oldest friend and getting to see the kids interact, so fun.
-Haven: showing the kids everything at the farm, Craig giving them lessons on wheat and harvest, Cason following his every move around the farm, fixing the tractor, combine, and anything else he could help with.  Harvest!  Getting to drive and ride the combine, testing the fields to see if they were dry enough, driving the wheat truck to the coop, visiting with they girls from Yodar. Picking up GiGi and spending time with her at the farm, watching her eyes light up during Harvest, having mom and dad there too, exploring the farm with the kids, them playing in the wheat truck, riding the old pedal tractors up and down sidewalk, picking up sticks, grandma's attic. So many great memories.



















No comments:

Post a Comment